Starchevata Festival Takes Over Razlog on January 17
Kukeri will stir up Razlog on January 17, Saturday, when the town hosts one of the most fascinating festivals in Bulgaria, the international Kuker festival "Starchevata", for the 6th time in a row.
The spectacular procession will begin at 10:30 at the central pedestrian walkway. The presentation of the Kukeri groups will begin at 11 a.m.
Macedonian and Slovenian groups will also participate, as well as numerous groups from Bulgaria. Traditionally, the carnival concludes with an aggregate Kuker group from Razlog, expected to have over 800 participants.
The event will bring together more than 150 Kukeri groups and hundreds of people, dressed in traditional attire. The "Starchevata" festival is being organized under the patronage of the mayor of Razlog Krasimir Gerchev.
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists