The Mayor of Bansko Supports the Battle with Diabetes in Adolescents Campaign
The mayor of Bansko Georgi Ikonomov showed his support for the initiative put forth by the National Association of Children and Young People with Diabetes with the motto Save our future. Children and diabetes in school. Let's talk about diabetes. It will take place on April 17 at 17:30 in the Visitor's Information Center in Bansko.
The Association will be organizing a meeting with children, parents and citizens to discuss the challenges facing the children and adolescents who are suffering from the insidious disease. The campaign will also be organizing blood sugar level testing for all students from every school located within the municipalities of Bansko and Razlog.
The campaign aims to encourage a safe and supportive school environment for kids with diabetes, fight discrimination, federal support for changing the system currently in use by children with diabetes in school, as well as increasing awareness of diabetes and encouraging a healthy way of life and eating.
The mayor of Bansko Georgi Ikonomov has labeled the campaign as especially helpful and important. He also announced his support for the initiative by Rotary Club Bansko-Razlog, which will allow for preschool children and students to be tested for their risk of diabetes.
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists