Georgi Ikonomov to Fight for a 2nd Cabin Lift in Bansko
After being reelected for a 2nd term as mayor of Bansko municipality, Georgi Ikonomov announced that he will continue the struggle to get a 2nd cabin lift built in the ski resort.
This aspiration is shared by both the municipality and the hoteliers in the region, who reiterate that the lines at the only cabin lift in the town are the culprit for the yearly outflow of tourists.
The tourist businesses in Bansko state that a 2nd cabin lift leading to the slopes can only benefit the winter tourism there. Besides having a positive effect on the influx of tourists, the 2nd lift will also provide new jobs.
There is already a clear course of action by Pirin National Park but despite this, the Supreme Ecological Council's decision may change to allow for the skin zone's expansion.
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists