Bansko is Once Again at the Top of List of the Cheapest Winter Resorts
For the 7th year in a row, Bansko has been ranked as the least expensive winter resort in Europe and North America. 26 of the most popular ski destinations were compared.
A 6-day vacation with a ski pass, rentals, food and drink in Bansko comes out to £271, writes the Daily Telegraph.
Immediately following the Bulgarian winter resort comes Kranjska Gora in Slovenia, where the average price of services weighs in at £338. In 3rd place we have the Italian village of Sestriere, averaging £355, with the Italian resort Livigno and Austrian Ellmau completing the top 5.
On the flip side, the most expensive winter resort in Europe is the Swiss Zermatt, where a 6-day vacation would cost you £875. Following it are Wengen and Saas-Fee, for which you'd need about £700.
Topping the list of the most expensive ski resort in the entire world is the American Breckenridge, where the average expenses can reach up to £1134.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year