Happy Anniversary! The Jazz Festival in Bansko Turns 20
Bansko's International Jazz Festival is turning 20 years old. At the beginning of August this year, as in previous ones, the resort town is going to be transforming into the jazz capital of the Balkans.
The Bansko Jazz Festival has gained international status and become rooted as a traditional celebration of music. This year, the event is going to be even more special, as it marks its 20-year anniversary.
This August is no exception - music fans will be given the opportunity to enjoy the most talented jazz musicians when they gather in Bansko. The founder of the event is Dr. Emil Illiev, who came up with the idea for it in the early 90's.
The first annual International Jazz Festival in Bansko was held in 1998. Since then, every year at the beginning of August, musicians from around the world have treated Bansko residents and guests to the magical rhythms of the unique musical genre.
The Bansko Jazz Festival has earned the reputation of being the biggest music event in the country devoted to jazz. In its anniversary edition, there will be musicians and performers from Germany, the UK, France, Italy, the US, Macedonia and elsewhere.
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists