International Festival of the Mountain Cinema, Bansko 27th – 30th November 2008
Bansko will host the International festival of the Mountaineers Cinema, announced Natali Petrova, head of the festival. 75 films from five continents, taken from the sea bottom to the Himalayan peaks, will be presented in three halls.
The documentaries show the lifestyle, art and religion of the mountain people, as well as the ecology problems of the planet.
Some of the characters of those films will attend the festival. Among them are Gustavo Tony (Italy), Borge Ousland (Norway) and etc. They will leave some personal belongings and prints in Bansko for the future National Mountaineering Museum. The international jury, lead by Mariana Evstatieva – Biolcheva will determine the winners of the six prizes in the program.
The program also included art exhibitions, among which “Bulgaria in Antarktika”, marking the 20th anniversary of the Bulgarian science in the region of the South Pole and etc.
The audience will have the chance to watch six films – “The starts of the winter Olympics on the big screen”. The entrance for all shows is free.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year