The Road to Bansko Will be Ready by the Start of the Ski Season
Thanks to favorable weather conditions, the emergency restoration work being done along the road from Simitli to Razlog in the Predel region is expected to finish by the end of the month.
The Road Infrastructure Agency made this announcement in a press release.
All of the traffic for the town of Bansko also uses this road.
The Road Infrastructure Agency stated that work is being done intensively since the main goal is for the section of road to be completed before the beginning of the winter tourist season in the resort.
At the moment, 75% of the concrete road supports have been finished.
Until construction finishes, traffic will continue to use the left lane only, with a stop light.
There aren't many alternate routes to Bansko - only Belovo-Yundola and Velingrad-Yundola.
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists