Mother and Son Rescued from the Chutes of Damianitza Lodge
A mother and son from Sofia were rescued after a 5-hour rescue operation in Pirin.
The 55-year-old woman and her 37-year-old son are in good physical health but psychologically traumatized.
The 2 tourists did not heed the warnings given by the Pirin Rescue Service to not leave the marked ski chutes and entered the extreme ski tracks.
10 mountain rescuers took part in the rescue operation which continued for over 5 hours in heavy weather conditions.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year