Bansko Wins Prize for Best Festival Destination
The municipality of Bansko has earned the prestigious award for the best festival destination at an official ceremony in Sofia. Tourism representatives in Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Italy all fought for the prize.
Just weeks ago, the winter resort was declared the best ski resort in Bulgaria. Bansko is working on programs for developing their winter, as well as their summer tourism.
The resort has passed a strategy called "Region of Spirit", which encompasses over 50 festivals. Among these are the jazz festival, Bansko Film Fest, Bohemi Festival of Balkan music, ballet festival and the musical festival Bansko Beat.
Alexander Matsurev, deputy mayor of the municipality, accepted the prize for best festival destination on its behalf, also announcing that the number of tourists over the past 4 years has risen by 10%.
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists
- Bansko Honors Botev's Achievements
- Veselin Marinov will Sing in Bansko on March 8
- One Hundred and Twenty Musicians to Arrive for Horizon Festival in Bansko