Bansko Honors Botev's Achievements
With an honorific ceremony, the municipality of Bansko marked the 140th death anniversary of Hristo Botev and the heroes who gave their lives for Bulgarian freedom and independence.
Right at noon, accompanied by the wailing of sirens, the administration of the municipality of Bansko and hundreds of residents of the resort hailed the achievements of the poet-revolutionary and the other heroes who sacrificed their lives.
As a sign of honor, the mayor of Bansko, Georgi Ikonomov, chairman of the municipal council, Vladimir Kolchagov, council members, cultural institutions, teachers and students placed wreaths and flowers in front of the monument titled "Bansko Remembers its Heroes! "
The youngest residents, represented by Nicolina Yanchovichin, also professed their gratitude with a recital of poems dedicated to Botev.
- Prices of Ski Passes to Drop by 20 Percent Starting March 15
- Hoteliers and Restaurateurs are Happy with the Winter Season in Bansko
- The Ski Season in Bansko Starts This Weekend
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Razlog Lights Up its Christmas Lights on December 5
- Bansko is Once Again at the Top of List of the Cheapest Winter Resorts
- Hoteliers in Bansko Begin Frantic Renovations in the Hotel Complexes