Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
Bansko will be opening its winter season on December 16 and the special guest at the event will be 5-time Olympian medalist Kristian Ghedina. In 2004 the Italian skier left audiences speechless.
At the Austrian ski course Streif at Kitzbühel resort, he performed the most stunning downhill run. Shortly before the finish line, Ghedina sped by at an unbelievable 85 mi (137 km) per hour and left spectators awestruck during his final jump.
With Ghedina's arrival, Bansko is keeping up with the tradition of inviting ski legends for the unveiling of the season.
They've got big surprises lined up for visitors this year as well and resort staff are hoping for a snowy winter and long season.
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists
- Bansko Honors Botev's Achievements