Bansko is the summer capital of culture in the Balkans
Bansko is seeking to attract tourists in the summer and is doing so very successfully. During the summer months, there were organized three cultural festivals, several art exhibitions, culinary exhibition featuring culinary specialties from the region, Dog Shows and many scientific and cultural events.
Cultural events began back in May by organizing a festival for authentic folklore, Between the three mountains. The number of participants was 1500 people.
The followed, Theatre Festival Bansko 2010, during which residents and visitors of Bansko could see some of the best high profile productions.
Then came the traditional jazz festival from 8th to 13th August. Thousands of jazz lovers of Bansko occupied the square before the incredible concerts of jazz performers had even begun. Along with the Jazz Festival was organized by the municipality, 4 exhibitions in the House of Arts in Bansko.
This was organized and was the first opera festival, which was presented a range of arts.
The strategy of the municipality of Bansko, led by Mayor Alexander Kravarov brings tourists there during the summer and has proved very successful.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year