Bansko expects a strong season
Bansko expects predict a strong season this year. Contracts have been signed with tour operators and there is a 10 percent discount for early enrollment. There will also be a boom in visitors from neighboring countries.
The peak of visits is expected to be in February 2011, when Bansko will be host to three starts of the World Cup for men. Then the world's ski elite will be poured into the resort.
The owners of restaurants are also preparing to welcome guests. They have prepared enough domestic delicatessen - from pickles and spices to thin meat delicacies.
Currently, prices for accommodation are even more attractive, you might find a bed in a 3 star hotel for only $15, and if you want breakfast, it will cost you $20.
From 1st December the peak of the season starts, then prices will be higher. In a family hotel accommodation will be between 25 and 30 leva per bed, private rooms between 15 and 20 leva, and in three star hotels between 35 and 40 BGN and the most luxurious 4-star hotel complexes will charge 50 euro and upwards for one night.
Work is also taking place in the ski area after Bansko was announced the winter capital of the Balkans.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year