Winter Chess Tournament will be held in Bansko
From the 11th to the 19th of December, Bansko will be the host of the biggest winter chess festival in Eastern Europe. The tournament will involve 100 athletes from 16 countries and the prize fund of the Bansko Open 2010 will be 15 thousand euros.
For novice players awards are separated to €3, 000 and the 8 to 14 year olds will receive laptops.
From Bulgaria Kiril Georgiev, Iva Videnova, Adriana Nikolova, and champions of Bulgaria for 2010 and 2009 Chatalbashev Spasov will participate.
The champion of Serbia, Ivan Ivanisevic and the champions of Greece, Banikas and Mastrovasilis will also participate in the tournament.
The competition is open to all new comers.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year