Preparations for the launch of the World Cup in Bansko goes according to plan
Bansko, at the end of February will host the start of World Cup and the event will require a staggering 5 million leva. Half of the money has already been provided by the sponsors of the event while the other half will come from the state and municipality.
The chief of the Ski Federation, Tseko Minev explained that about 200 million people will watch the races on television. On the Bunderishka meadow there will be built the largest mobile platform for 5000 spectators who are all expected to have a ticket.
Tseko Minev also said that in 2012, Bansko will be the host of the competitions for women, as Bansko remains firmly in the calendar for the World Cup. The director of the launch - Valentin Stefanov informed that preparations for the big race are going according to plan.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year