27 countries will participate in the biathlon competitions in Bansko
161 competitors will be competing in the biathlon World Cup second League of IBU, which will be held in Bansko on the 11th and 12th of February. 27 of the competitors are from Bulgaria and will compete against 24 national athletes.
There will be four sprints - two of 10 km for the men and two of 7.5 km for the women. The goal is to have a ranking between the 10th and 20th place in the nations which would then give Bulgaria the right to 4 participants for SC and for the World Cup next season.
Krassimir Anev, which is 25th in the world has the greatest chance of success. His biggest competition will be against the athletes from Russia, Anton and Evgeny Shipulin Ustyugov.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year