The first round for the Slalom in Bansko won by Austrian Mario Matt
Held this morning the first round of the slalom World Cup Alpine skiing in Bansko ended with victory for the double world champion Mario Matt of Austria. He finished with a time of 54.21 seconds.
Second and third place remained for Reinfried Herbst and Andre Myhrer with a time of 54.60 seconds. Ivica Kostelic, who is a leader in the overall standings missed a gate and did not finish.
Christof Innerhofer who yesterday beat the super combination did not start. Bulgarian athletes Stefan Georgiev finished 52nd, Nikola Chongarov was 53rd and Zahari Yanakiev was of 57th place.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year