Fresh Snow in Bansko Ski Center
10 cm fresh snow fell for the last several hours in Bansko ski area. The snow cover on the slopes reached even 20 cm. It is still snowing in the mountains and the weather remains foggy.
The local authorities banned the traffic of freight vehicles through the Predela region during weekends and holidays, in order to provide easy access to the famous ski resort Bansko.
The official opening of the new ski season in Bansko will take place on 29th November 2008. Guests this year will be Hanni and Andreas Wenzel, the world downhill champion Harti Weirather, the Italian ski legend Gustavo Thoeni, and of course Marc Ghirardelli.
This year Bansko will welcome its guests with 70 km professionally maintained and safe ski slopes, 180 snow guns, Half pipe, winter fun park, Extreme ski, Para ski, ice rink, cross country ski trace, biathlon shooting ground, fast and comfortable lifts, kindergarten and many other.
The mountain rescue service announced hotlines in case of mountain accidents: +359 887100241, +359 749 88131.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year