Mummers festival in Razlog on 1 January
On January 1, 2012 in Razlog will be held the traditional Mummers carnival "Starchevata". In the city center will parade Kukeri from all neighborhoods in Razlog. The youngest participant is 6 months old.
The costumes of the participants in the carnival are characterized by conical caps, made of leather. They wear bells on their waists too. With their sound they chase away evil spirits.
On the first day of the New Year, mummers go around the city, bringing health and driving away the evil spirits.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year