Lindsey Vonn secured the World Cup downhill title, Fischbacher wins the race
For Andrea Fischbacher Bansko must be a lucky place. The Austrian ski racer, fastest in two days of training on the difficult and bumpy Banderitsa run, finished second in the first race on Friday, but went one better a day later. She won the second World Cup downhill in Bansko.
Tina Maze of Slovenia came home in second while Fabienne Suter, who claimed her maiden downhill win at the same venue on Friday, was third.
Fischbacher's success was the first by an Austrian woman in a World Cup downhill since Renate Goetschl in March 2007.
In the overall World Cup standings, Lindsey Vonn remains on course to retain her crown. She leads Germany's Riesch by 336 points.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year