Bansko Ranked Among Top Six Ski Resorts
Bansko is ranked among the best top six winter resorts, wrote The Guardian quoting the former British snowboard champion Chris Moran.
According to Moran, the number of people that practice this sport is constantly on the rise. Globewide, it is estimated that 12 million people now take an annual snow - boarding trip, Guardian wrote.
But, despite the rapid rise in their numbers, do snowboarders want anything different from the already established skiing market? Most snowboarders have little interest in simply clocking up miles. Having interesting features on smaller runs seems to be the key in attracting the snowboard contingent, reads the article.
Morgan names the six hidden gems - the six best winter ski resorts that are perfect for snowboarding, among them is the southwestern Bulgarian resort town of Bansko.
"Bulgaria's best resort is inexpensive and has managed to strike a balance between retaining some local identity and drawing in the bargain - crazed punters. Hit it with fresh snow, and you'll be surprised how good it is, and how little competition you'll have for all that lovely powder, " reads the newspaper.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year