New Golf Complex in Southwestern Bulgaria
Balkanstroy is to build a golf complex in southeastern Bulgaria, between the towns of Bansko and Razlog. The company was given yesterday a first class investor certificate that is a guarantee that the Bulgarian state will help in the infrastructure development. Over 130 million levs (1euro = 1. 95 levs) will be invested in Pirin Golf & Country Club which will avail of 18 golf holes on the total area of 78 ha, ski and SPA complexes, trade and sports centre, equestrian base, hotels, villas and bungalows.
The region is in urgent need of a civil airport to welcome tourists. The Municipality negotiates with the Defense Ministry to allow the military airport in the town of Gotse Delchev for civil use, according to Vladimir Dimitrov, Blagoevgrad District Governor.
"Now the nearest airport is the one in Thessaloniki, Greece. British and German tourists, for instance, would hate it to travel for two hours to Sofia and then other three hours on a bus to Bansko, " Dimitrov commented.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year