Bansko Mayor: The Season Opens December 13th
Bansko will open its winter season on December 13th, announced mayor Georgi Ikonomov in a media interview. He stressed that by then the resort town will be fully ready for winter sports fans.
Currently, workers are laying down asphalt on the town streets, which were dug up because of a sewer pipe project. Repairs are expected to finish before the official start of the season.
The mayor of Bansko also showed confidence that the problem of the landslide along the Simitli-Bansko road in the Predel pass, which caused transportation problems last week, will also be resolved.
For yet another year in a row, Bansko will host a round of the World Ski Cup. The runs will be held on February 28th and March 1st, with peaked interest in the super giant slalom and women's downhill.
As in past years, police officers will be posted this winter season in Bansko, who will watch over the safety of the tourists and maintain order.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year