Bansko is Once Again the Most Inexpensive Ski Resort in Europe
For the second year in a row, Bansko has been chosen as the least expensive ski resort in Europe by TripAdvisor, the internet site for travel, reviews and relaxation.
According to a study, among 42 European ski resorts, Bansko is the one that provides the most bang for your buck if you are a ski fan.
The Bulgarian resort is located in the foothills of Pirin mountain, with over 100 hotels available to tourists, including Kempinski Hotel Grand Arena, declared the second best hotel in Bulgaria by TripAdvisor users.
The authors of the study calculated that a 4-member family would need to spend about 1631 pounds (2085 euros) for a week-long stay in Bansko.
This is a small sum compared to what tourists would have to spend at other European destinations. For example, in St. Anton, Austria, the same vacation would cost 5025 pounds or 6426 euros.
The most expensive vacation comes out to be in Switzerland, since it contains 4 of the 10 most expensive ski resorts.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year