Winter resorts make investments despite crisis
Ski resorts in Bulgaria are busy preparing for the upcoming winter season. Besides the traditional cleaning of ski runs, some resorts have made additional investments, despite the hard economic situation, a Pari daily's survey shows.
The concessionaire of Borovets's ski runs, Borosport, has invested EUR 40 million this year. The concessionaire in Bansko, Yulen, has spent BGN 2 million on ski run improvements. New snowmaking systems have been installed in Pamporovo and Chepelare. Vitosha Ski will prepare the ski runs in Vitosha Mountain within a couple of weeks.
It is still early to say if there will be enough tourists in winter, because most bookings are made at the very last moment, hotel managers and tour operators said. Weathercasters predict a snowy winter. (Pari.bg)
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year