World Ski Champs are Opening the Season in Bansko
This winter, the ski season in Bansko officially opens on December 12, with some of the champions of the sport scheduled to be at the event. Two time Olympic champion Markus Wasmeier will be arriving for the opening.
Wasmeier is a five time competitor in various World Championships. In 1985 he won the gold medal in the Giant Slalom, while ranking 3rd at the Championship in 1987.
Marc Girardelli and Bulgarian ski champ Petar Popangelov will also be among the official guests.
Bansko organizers promise a whole bunch more pleasant surprises for the start of the winter season, which officially kicks off on December 12.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year