New avalanche near hut Banderitsa
An avalanche fell from the Palashitsa area over the Banderitsa hut in Pirin, above Bansko ski resort. The group of nine people, are members of the Alpine Club in Sofia. They escaped from the Banderitsa hut, apparently to make a getaway going downhill from there.
Due to the warming weather, and perhaps unwise actions of tourists have caused the fall of the avalanche.
Mountain Rescue Service in Bansko was informed immediately and took emergency action. Vesselina Shishkova from Sofia suffered injuries, but the state of her health is fairly good.
Mountain Rescue Service again urges skiers and snowboarders do not go beyond the tracks and do not forget about the dangers of the mountain.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year