Bansko Reports Increase in Overnight Stays During Last Winter Season
The tourist business in Bansko is reporting a 34% increase in the number of overnight stays booked over the last winter season. The greatest influx of tourists have come from Bulgaria. Following close behind were visitors from neighboring countries.
This season we also saw active checking of hotels and restaurants in the resort. 179 businesses were checked via the "undercover customer" strategy, followed by inspections by the National Revenue Agency.
"The numbers speak for themselves. It's obvious that the tourism branch in our resort has done its job well. For which I would like to express my thanks to all working in the branch, " commented mayor Georgi Ikonomov, quoted by Struma.com.
Various cultural events and festivals have been prepared for the upcoming summer season, to attract tourists during the warmer months of the year as well.
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year
- Bansko to Mount 1150 ft Water Slide for Tourists
- Bansko Honors Botev's Achievements
- Veselin Marinov will Sing in Bansko on March 8
- One Hundred and Twenty Musicians to Arrive for Horizon Festival in Bansko