Bansko May Extend the Ski Season
The marketing director Ivan Obreikov, of the concessionaire Yulen in the Bansko ski zone, announced that the ski season might be extended, if there is interest on the tourists' part.
Initially, the tourist season in the winter ski resort was supposed to end on April 6th, but in the past few days, people have been enjoying the 31 1/2″ (80 cm) of fresh snowfall in the town, which hasn't been seen in a long while.
"If it continues to snow, I wouldn't be surprised if people are skiing on May 1st under Todorka. And right now, it is absolutely magnificent for sports, " announced Obreikov.
There are to be ski races this week in the town. Starting this Monday until Saturday, representatives of 10 banks will race on the ski slope Tomba, to commemorate the 135th anniversary of the Bulgarian National Bank.
The five-time champion of the Ski World Cup Marc Girardelli will be present at the event.
Next year, Bansko will host the commencement of the Ski World Cup for women and the European one for men.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year