Pirin Sings Draws Record Number of Visitors and Participants
Over 20 000 visitors and 2500 participants were drawn to the traditional folklore festival Pirin Sings, which is being held for the 14th time in the Predel region in the town of Razlog.
Besides folklore performers from Blagoevgrad province, guests from Hungary, Macedonia and the towns of Silistra, Vratsa, Shumen and Razgrad took part.
For most participants in Pirin Sings, this is an unparalleled way to show that the Bulgarian traditions are still alive, giving thousands of Bulgarians a chance to fall in love with the native folklore.
The groups will be judged by a professional jury comprised of prof. Lozanka Peicheva, prof. Iliya Manolov and prof. Kostadin Dinchev. The winners will receive prizes, awards and honorary plaques.
This year, Pirin Sings commemorates 111 years since the Ilinden–Preobrazhenie Uprising and 136 years since the Kresna-Razlog Uprising.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year