The International Jazz Festival Begins in Bansko
The international jazz festival kicked off last night in Bansko. The event was unveiled by the mayor of the mountain town, Georgi Ikonomov and Dr. Emil Iliev.
The mayor handed out the honorary emblem of the town, as well as plaques of contribution to the development of jazz and the recognition of the town under Todorka as an international center of jazz culture. Among the award winners were Kamelia Todorova, Yordanka Hristova and Vasil Petrov.
The world-famous actress, politician, environmentalist and donor Barbara Rütting, who also visited Bansko for the festival, received a plaque and badge of honor for the lifetime contribution to the mountain town and care for animals. There were also prizes for all honorees, provided by the festival sponsors.
Because of the bad weather, the event had to start an hour later. However, this did not spoil the mood of the jazz-lovers and they managed to enjoy the performances by Kamelia Todorova, Brass Association COMBO, JeSante (USA) and Yordanka Hristova until the end.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year