Bansko Reports an Excellent Summer Season
The municipality of Bansko can boast with a perfect summer season. The mountain resort, which up until recently was only regarded as a top ski resort, is turning into a year-round destination more and more.
According to the mayor of Bansko, Georgi Ikonomov, more than 10 000 people visited the town for Bansko Jazz Fest 2014.
"Even now, after the festival has ended, about 80% of working hotels are full, with the tourists mainly flocking to the town square and up in the mountain, " stated Ikonomov in an interview for Focus news agency.
At the moment, Bansko residents are preparing for a short break, before they begin their intense preparations for the winter season. Generally, the months of September and October are poor for tourism in the town.
The mayor of Bansko explained that next year they are planning on filling the cultural schedule with at least another huge concert, as well as organizing a festival for Balkan music.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year