Razlog Gathers Kukeri from All Over the World in the Starchevata Festival
On January 17 next year, the international "Starchevata" festival will begin in Razlog. The spectacular carnival promises to be one of the most engaging events of 2015.
Kukeri groups from the country and abroad will arrive at the festival. The carnival will be of a competitive nature, with contestants being assessed by a jury based on their costumes, creativity and presentation of traditions.
According to the festival rules, each Bulgarian group can represent itself with no more than 50 participants, while the limit for foreign groups is 30 participants.
In Razlog, festivities related Kuker traditions will start as early as January 1st. On the 1st day of the new year, men and women will don carnival costumes and have fun in the town square.
Razlog is proud to preserve the Kuker tradition and is a member of the Federation of European Carnival Cities.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year