Bansko Attracted the Highest Number of Foreign Tourists
"Bansko is the winter resort that attracted the highest number of foreign tourists, " announced the minister of tourism, Nikolina Angelkova in front of Darik Radio.
This year, Bulgarian tourists preferred Pamporovo for their winter vacation. Those 2 resorts, along with Borovets, registered excellent numbers this year.
There were 80 000 more tourists this winter, a 9.2% increase. Russian tourists numbered 15 000 less but in contrast there was a 30% rise in visitors from Turkey.
Revenue from tourism this winter is about 34 million leva, even though Angelkova stresses that it's too early to talk about any final numbers until the winter season officially closes.
The weather conditions this year lent a hand to the season which according to prognoses may continue until April 15.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year