Summer Tourism in Bansko on the Rise Due to the Festivals
The ever expanding summer tourism in Bansko is reporting a 15% rise in tourist numbers in the resort. According to mayor Georgi Ikonomov this is because of the festivals that Bansko municipality is organizing for yet another consecutive year.
This is good news for the dozens of family guest homes which remain open even during the summer months, unlike the large hotels that close their doors to save on expenses.
In mayor Ikonomov's words, the goal for local government is to transform Bansko into the #1 summer destination of choice in the Balkans, since the resort has already long been a favorite during the winter months.
The cultural and festival events schedule in Bansko is especially jam-packed during the months of July and August. For the first time this year, Bansko hosted the festivals Bohemi Bansko Fest and Bansko Beat, which were well received by music lovers.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year