Bansko Hosts Mediterranean Orienteering Championship
The Municipality of Bansko, with the collaboration of mayor Georgi Ikonomov, is hosting the annual international event SIVEN MOC 2016 (Mediterranean Orienteering Championship).
Organizers are planning on having the athletes compete in Bansko on March 11. The winners from the 1st stage are expected to be awarded at 4 pm.
Competitions are planned for March 12, as well as the 13th, where the athletes' orienteering abilities will once again be put to the test.
The orienteering tour consists of a series of competitions held in interesting places, usually related to historical or touristic points of interest. Besides in the winter capital of the Balkans, event organizers have planned for part of the competitions to be held in Greece and Macedonia.
Throughout the course of the events, organizers are expecting the participation of about 300 athletes from all of Europe, of which 100 come from Bulgaria's sports clubs.
- Bansko Puts up its Easter Decorations
- Bansko Opens the New Winter Season on December 16
- The Starchevata Festival to be Held for 7th Year in a Row
- Folklore Festival to Gather Fans at Eleshnitsa
- Tourist Boom in the Bear Park Near Belitsa
- Summer Theater Begins in Bansko
- Fifteen Percent Increase in Bansko Tourists This Year